Josephine Myles's Reviews > King Perry

King Perry by Edmond Manning
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
3558604
I've had the privilege to read through the final draft of King Perry and it's an amazing story with so much heart. I can't recall the last time I was so delighted and uplifted by a book that doesn't have the traditional romance ending.

This is coming out under Dreamspinner's Bittersweet line because of that ending - but believe me, there's nothing bitter about it. I was left with a huge smile on my face and joy in my heart.

Prepare yourself for a journey to strange new places and the depths of the human heart. There is audacious sex, yes, but there is also bear walking... Vin Vanbly is one of my all time favourite fictional characters on the strength of this one book. May he return for many more!
17 likes · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King Perry.
sign in »

Quotes Josephine Liked

Edmond Manning
“It's hard to categorize the half expressions, the ones which reside in between. But this morning, I'm calling Perry mad by sadwest.”
Edmond Manning, King Perry

Edmond Manning
“I think jalapeno sounds like a bunch of letters piling into a beat-up old word to get tacos.”
Edmond Manning, King Perry
tags: word


Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Enny Thank you very, very much for recommending this amazing book. Since the blurb made it sound very weird, without your review, I never would've read it and what a shame that would've been.


Josephine Myles Enny wrote: "Thank you very, very much for recommending this amazing book. Since the blurb made it sound very weird, without your review, I never would've read it and what a shame that would've been."

I'm so glad you took a chance on it! I had a feeling the blurb and bittersweet category might not grab certain readers who would be sure to love the book - isn't Vin just fabulous? I'm so happy that Edmond is working on more Vin Vanbly books - he's even hinted to me that Perry will make a reappearance later in the series :D


message 3: by Edmond (new)

Edmond Manning Jo, you're so awesome at helping people find this book who might never have touched it. That "Bittersweet" label has scared a few people off, I think. But I do think reviews like yours have really helped.

Thank you for supporting a newbie author like me. You and Enny both wrote brilliant, loving reviews and I just feel happy that this book found some wonderful friends.


Josephine Myles Edmond wrote: "Jo, you're so awesome at helping people find this book who might never have touched it. That "Bittersweet" label has scared a few people off, I think. But I do think reviews like yours have really ..."

Glad to be of help, Edmond! Word of mouth is going to be the way KP finds new readers, I reckon. I shall carry on shouting about it whenever I get the opportunity :)


message 5: by Edmond (new)

Edmond Manning Huzzah!

Hey, we almost had the opportunity to meet. My employer had scheduled a work trip for me to England next week, but then cancelled. I was almost in your back yard. :-) I'll let you know if such an opportunity comes up again. If I make it to London, I will hunt you down and take you out for a slice of cake. Or beer. Or beer and cake together. Whatever.


Josephine Myles Edmond wrote: "Huzzah!

Hey, we almost had the opportunity to meet. My employer had scheduled a work trip for me to England next week, but then cancelled. I was almost in your back yard. :-) I'll let you know if..."


That'd be brilliant - beer AND cake is a winning combination :D


back to top