Dan's Reviews > The Dragon Factory

The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: monsters
Read in February, 2012

After deciding Patient Zero was just about good enough to make the sequel worthy of a read, I delved into this volume and was pleasantly surprised. It's essentially a "what would happen if Nazis had survived" as two evil genuises prepare to wipe out non-white races using genetically-modified viruses to create a new Aryan race. It's a scary thought and there were points in the history of the organisation where it was difficult to distinguish the fact from the fiction. A lot of the horrible ideas used in this book are beliefs that people once had.

There's a great balance of talking and action too. Joe Ledger has to deal with various gentically-modified creations such as massive dogs with scorpian tales and "berserkers"- men that are stronger and more agressive than they should be.

All this builds up to create a fantastic tale. My one criticism is that one part of the climax was pretty predictable, but it was still well done. Totally out-living my expectations, I might even put this in my top 10 books I have ever read!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dragon Factory.