Tif's Reviews > Want

Want by Stephanie Lawton

Jun 27, 12

Julianne Casquette comes from your old school, traditional southern family with the amazing talent for the piano. Her world has never been that of a sane one, but it goes for a trip when her piano instructor has a stroke and has his nephew, Issac Laroche, continue on with them.
Trying to form a relationship with him could be the end to either him or her.

"Love can't always be based off of the heart. Sometimes you must use your head."

First off I have to say that 99.9% of the time I read paranormal books. But it's nice at times to step out of that world and take a breath of a different genre. The first sentence of Want is, 'If you want vampires, and werewolves, faeries, fallen angels or zombies, you won't find them here.' It made smile and think, 'well gosh, it's like book knows me.' But anywho...
Want is the first contemporary romance book I've read in years. It made me realize that it doesn't matter what genre you read if a book is amazingly written it's a breeze to read. Which can easily translate to: I couldn't put Want down and finished it in a day. I loved Stephanie's writing style, though I did find myself wishing there was a bit more to the scenes that were written. Not to say that it wasn't enjoyable as was, but I felt like I wanted more.
I also found myself thinking, 'goodness thats..umm..' because people, or maybe just me, aren't used to seeing stuff so plainly written in black and white. The things that make families not so proud about sharing.
Over all though Want was very enjoyable, has you wanting more and keeps you on your toes about what will happen next. Great read if your looking for something outside of the paranormal too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Want.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jeanbooknerd Wasn't it great Tiff? Thank you soooo much for sharing your thoughts!!