Julia Dragan's Reviews > Lover Eternal

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

Jun 06, 2012

Read from February 11 to 12, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Oh man! Rhage, also known as Hollywood, has got to be the funniest of the Brothers. There’s never a dull moment in this book, and I found myself laughing over and over again. This man is truly a sweetheart, and he’s completely won me over.

This book was simply a pleasure to read and I couldn’t bear to let it go. Rhage is not only a very hot and charming vampire warrior, oh no, he’s a man cursed for a rash decision made in the past, and he now has to live with the risk of hurting those around him, because, if he doesn’t release the pressure inside, he’ll turn into a dragon that can kill anything, including his brothers.

Mary Luce is also not your typical heroine. From what I gathered, she’s not really good looking, just a plain woman. She’s also got a life-threatening disease. So when Rhage takes an interest in her, she’s bound to wonder what he sees in her. What she doesn’t know is that her calm nature calms the beast inside of Rhage.

Their love story is so emotional and so beautiful, I just had to cry in the end. I loved it! It’s got to be one of my favorite books in the series, and it finally introduces more of the brothers. The writing remains consistent throughout the whole series, and as always, you’ll probably need a slang dictionary, but I think that’s what gives it charm. There aren’t many books written in this particular way, and it gave me an insight into the New York life.

All in all, it’s a really good sequel to “Dark Lover” and I’m happy I took a risk and bought the boxed set with the first six books in the series. At least I didn’t have to wait for all these books to come out! Now is as good a time as any to start this wonderful series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Eternal.

02/11/2012 page 9