Therese's Reviews > Dealing with Dragons

Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

Feb 16, 12

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from February 14 to 16, 2012

C.S Lewis once said, that between every new book, you should read an old one. And for me, this is certainly the case with ”Dealing with dragons” by Patricia Wrede.

I read this book ages ago, and my only memory of it was the fact that I loved it. And that the title of every chapter said what was going to happen in that chapter. And that was all I remembered, not even the title of the book.

Finding the book in my recommendations here on Goodreads, I immidiatly went down to my liberary and found it again to re-read it.

The story is just as funny and engaging as I remember it, despite it’s short lengh a lot is being done, but it manages to do this without feeling rushed. The dialogue between Caimorene and, well, anyone, is really funny, and her relashionship with all of the characters, especially Kazul, feels well developed for a childrens story.

I really do recommend this book to anyone who wants to read classic fairy tales, but with a twist, child or grown-up does not matter, and I will be certain to read this story to my own children one day, as soon as I get any. Until then, I’ll have to be satesfied with forcing my sister to read it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dealing with Dragons.