Charlotte Black's Reviews > Deadly Little Voices

Deadly Little Voices by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Feb 12, 2012

Read from February 11 to 12, 2012

I have to revert back to what I wrote about the first Touch book, Deadly Little Secrets - "This was a very quick, light read. I'm giving this a 3 out of 5 because that's all it really deserves, there was no real wow factor."
Oh boy, has this series come a long way since then! The books just keep getting better and better and this must be the best one yet. We don't have so much of the romance angling from the previous books. Camelia's resolved to accept her relationship with Ben will never be what she wants. But Adam, even though he was a complete idiot in book 2 really stepped into his own in this one, so much that I wanted Camelia to finally give him a break and settle for him instead.
But the premise of this book is much darker than the others. Now Camelia's hearing voices and her Aunt Alexia is staying for a while but this only complicates matters even more. Camelia wants to get to know her Aunt better but her mother is still popping the pills and excessing negative vibes where Alexia is concerned. Camelia knows that her mother feels a whole lifetime of guilt with regards to her sister, but still her mother thinks that Alexia is schitzophrenic. Something that Camelia doesn't believe any more.
The creep factor gets even more alarming in this book and for the first time I felt truly afraid for Camelia. Especially when Danica causes an upset between her and her best friend, Kimmie. Ben is still on the edge on Camelia's life, not wanting to get too close but still wanting her friendship, which mixes Camelia's head a little.
Overall, I couldn't put this one down. The letters between Jack and Jill were thrilling and a nice diversion and the author did another brilliant job of creating the mystery and suspense right until the end.
If you haven't tucked into this series yet then you must. Now I can't wait for the 5th book out this autumn!
CBx

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Voices.