Charlotte Black's Reviews > Deadly Little Lies

Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Feb 10, 2012

Read on February 10, 2012

his book was so much better than the first. The mystery and intrigue gets better and better throughout the book, and towards the end I had no idea who was the bad guy. Camelia is still being secretive with her parents, some thing I'd hoped she'd get over. But her parents have enough on their plate with Aunt Alexia being in hospital, then wanting to meet with Camelia's mum finally.
Kimmie and Wes prove to be true friends still but I was surprised how little they helped Camelia out. Apart from school lunches where they discuss pending doom and disaster, neither of them openly offer to walk Camelia home or stay with her in case of danger. Again, after the kidnapping in the first book I thought her friends would be a little more vigilant.
Camelia and Ben still have a very strained relationship. The new guy Adam is pushing Ben's buttons from afar and vise versa but little does Camelia know the true story from them.
The ending was a happy one though, and all loose ends tied up nicely. Even a glimmer of hope awaits our heroine....
CBx

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Lies.