Damali's Reviews > A Killing Frost

Jun 16, 13

bookshelves: dystopian-pa-zombies
Recommended for: The "A" Team and Red Dawn fans
Read on June 16, 2013, read count: 2

The first three books of this series were so emotional for me, and they occupied all of my thoughts while I was reading them, and still do, even though I'm reading something else. Five stars seem so insufficient, but that's the highest allowed.

I hear this was supposed to be a trilogy, and so in a way, the series could've ended here, but I'm so glad it didn't. As long as the level of writing stays high, I'll continue to be enthralled. I'll be starting book 4 in a few days. I want to think about everything that's happened, do a little mourning, a little more reenactments, and I'll be good to go!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Killing Frost.

02/10/2012 page 8
3.0% "I am obsessed with this series. Love it!"
02/11/2012 page 121
42.0% "These kids are like "The A Team" with their plans."
02/11/2012 page 200
69.0% 1 comment
02/12/2012 page 262
91.0% ""This isn't the only world, this is just one aspect of the whole thing. Don't imagine tnis is all there is.""
06/16/2013 marked as: currently-reading
06/16/2013 marked as: read
show 7 hidden updates…

message 1: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat You're onto the third book of the series already? Wow!
I want to find these again as either paperbacks or e-books but all I can find is audio - which is good but not what I want, boo :(

Damali I got the first two in ebook book form. Then I was so desperate, I'm actually reading a hardcover from the library for book 3! Haven't read an actual book in forever! Then the rest of the series is in ebooks. Then the Ellie Chronicles trilogy, I'll have to go back to the library, and they had better have them!! Actually, I'd better make sure. I'm having too much fun to be interrupted!

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina Definitely put them on hold!

message 4: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat I'd ask my dad to unearth my old copies and ship them to me but that'd be pushing the love a little too far!

I've found books 1 & 2 in ebook, and book 3 is available as a preorder from Amazon UK, but I can only find 5 & 7 at a reasonable price in paperback. No good if I can't find 4 & 6!

Maybe I'll just wait to read them until I'm back in Aus with all my old books.

message 5: by Damali (last edited Feb 11, 2012 07:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Damali Is it weird for me to be reenacting scenes in my house? :D

My library only has the first book of the Ellie trilogy, but Amazon sells the paperbacks, so that's what I'm forced to do. I'm reading about two of the series per week.

Why haven't you rated these books, Kat? Are you waiting to reread them?

message 6: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Damali wrote: "Is it weird for me to be reenacting scenes in my house? :D

Haha nothing weird about that at all!

I read these books when they first came out, before Goodreads even existed! That's why I haven't rated them, and I'd love to re-read them before I do.

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina So weird that only some are in ebook form -- Damali, make sure you click -- tell the publisher I want this in ebook format!

Damali I don't know how popular Marsden is in the U.S., because it looks like only one other person checked this book out before I did, in 1999! He's like my little secret! The movie will be released in a few months. I'm on the fence whether or not I'd see it. I think my imagination is 100 times better than anything the movie could do.

message 9: by Regina (new)

Regina It usually is. I have had very very few experiences where I enjoyed the movie as much as the book (and usually never more than the book) -- and that is LoTR.

Damali Regina wrote: "So weird that only some are in ebook form -- Damali, make sure you click -- tell the publisher I want this in ebook format!"

When I see that, I immediately go check a different site. It seems like they would know that we'd want book 3 in a 7 books series...

message 11: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat He was hugely popular in Australia 15 years ago - in school almost all of his books were required reading for a variety of classes. He has also written some other YA books that I particularly liked Letters From the Inside and So Much to Tell You (which I also found in e-book format).

From what I can find out, the Tomorrow series is gradually being released in e-book format which is why books 1 & 2 are available now, and book 3 will be available in April.

message 12: by Damali (last edited Feb 11, 2012 07:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Damali LOL! But Amazon U.S. already has books 4 through 7, so...

Not to worry...I intend to have a long and meaningful relationship with all of Mardden's books. I had my eye on Checkers.

But if I do watch the movie, I'd get to hear all the Aussie accents... It took me awhile to figure out what a paddock was. I was thinking of like the kind at the racetrack, but it didn't fit with what they were doing! Luckily there's a dictionary in the front of the book!

Annemarie you went "bush" again..its gaining popularity all over here in middle school.

Damali Annemarie wrote: "you went "bush" again..its gaining popularity all over here in middle school."

I've figured out that all the good books are in my past!

Annemarie hugh howey has something coming doesnt he??

Damali Annemarie wrote: "hugh howey has something coming doesnt he??"

Not until fall. :(