Chris's Reviews > Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desires and the Respect He Desperately Needs

Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs

Feb 09, 12

Read in February, 2012

Though I struggled at the first with Eggerichs' thoughts that all men are this way and all women that way, he eventually settled down with helpful advice. Madelle and I read this book with other couples working on their marriages and we came together weekly to discuss our thoughts.
The author conviced me I should be kinder, gentler, and a better ear to Madelle's concerns. After three weeks of softening me up,the book then diverted into changes Madelle might consider in return to please me.
She was advised to respect work, leadership and decision making when it happened and to be a part of my life even when I was not talking. The ideas seemed good, so we thought it helpful to push us into talking about that which we might have presumed was not in need of discussion.
Madelle will be writing her opinion of this is Goodreads soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love and Respect.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Herod Chris, I so appreciate your taking the time to add your comments about books you are reading! While we have not read Eggerich's book, we know many who have or who have attended a weekend conference with a focus on "love and respect." Even those who have attended many marriage conferences expressed that they felt this theme was the very best. God's Word says "husbands love your wives" and "wives respect and honor, even submit to your husbands." I believe that's because that is the basic need of each. I love your statement, "She was advised to respect work, leadership and decision-making when it happened and to be a part of my life even when I was not talking." We've just had a conversation about that very topic! Thank you for reading and recommending this book! Georgia