Amy's Reviews > Darkness Hunts

Darkness Hunts by Keri Arthur

Nov 19, 12

bookshelves: yummy-reapers
Read in November, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I'm not entirely sure if it's just me but Risa was so freaking infuriating in this book. There's a difference between being stubborn and stupid and Risa, unfortunately, was clearly the latter of the two. On top of that, the entire book felt pointless. It was a filler and if it wasn't for the fact that the Lucian thread was finally closed, no progress was made in the relationship front. I had no interest in the case Risa was involved in and found myself getting progressively more annoyed each time Risa whined about not being able to be with Azriel even after he explained it would be detrimental to not only her life and their quest, but also to the fate of both of their worlds. Azriel finally agreed to have sex with her again at the end of the book but upon reading the excerpt for the next book, it became clear that the HEA I've been not so patiently waiting for is nowhere close seeing as how Risa was still whining about their relationship status. What started as an amazing series with intriguing characters and fantastic world building has become a drag. I hope Ms. Arthur decides to throw us a bone by just getting the rest of the damn keys ASAP then adding another major arc because the formula right now (daddy dearest mails her a clue. Wait one or two books for Risa to figure out the clue and find the key) is getting tiresome.

Story:
Murderer on the astral plane. Risa is the only one who can stop him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Hunts.