Nazish Ahmed (Nazish Reads)'s Reviews > Scary School

Scary School by Derek The Ghost

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, own, books-i-got-for-review, books-i-read-in-2012, reviews
Read from March 07 to 12, 2012

I rate this book 4.5 star.

I just reviewed this on my blog yesterday.
To view the full review and other reviews, click here Scary School: Book 1 by Derek The Ghost (Derek kent)

I finished reading this book a few days ago, but I didn't have time to post a review until now.

This review is going to start differently and be a bit different than my other reviews because it's a children's book, so of course you won't expect (and there shouldn't be) there to be any sex and gore in it.

Normally I don't read books with the protagonist under thirteen (except Kodocha, I just loved it), but when I was offered to review this by the author, it sounded interesting to me, so I decided to give it a try, and I was right, it is interesting and fun.

Scary School is told from the point of view of an eleven year old boy who's a ghost. He's called Derek the Ghost. He is a kid who died in science class one day and is now writing a book about the school he went to when he was alive, which is called Scary School.

Scary School is a place where monsters and humans learn together and try to get along with each other. This story describes the school's preparations for the annual Ghoul Games (which happened's in a different scary school once every year). Many interesting characters are also introduced each chapter (their background and other things about them are explained in their chapter). There are also many one page and spot illustrations of characters, places, and some events.
The characters, their backgrounds, and personalities were fun to read about, the story itself was a fun and enjoyable read. I also love the style of narrating, it was funny and entertaining.

I enjoy reading about quirky, strange, and funny characters, and of course I love stories with paranormal elements in them (which I'm pretty sure everyone knows).

I recommend this to elementary and middle school kids (but older people might enjoy it as well), both boys and girls will enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scary School.

03/07/2012 page 38