Mikey Cupcakes's Reviews > Reel Life Starring Us

Reel Life Starring Us by Lisa Greenwald

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: read-in-8th-grade
Read from February 09 to 23, 2012

I really liked how the whole book had a lot of different situations and social issues, but kept it moving and flowing. This book has every type of person in it, there's the "nerd new girl" who has no friends, the cute guy, the clique, the over reactors, and there are the people who make everything better. If I were a character in this book, I would be the "nerd new girl" with no friends because I can be very strange to a lot of people, but I would also be the person who makes everything better because I tend to solve other people's problems to make things work. This book has a lot of real life situations that anybody could relate to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reel Life Starring Us.

02/09/2012 page 29
10.0% "Chelsea isn't liking school very much because nobody is noticing her and she didn't make any new friends. Her old friends are having a great time, even though they miss her, at Chelsea's old school. I know how she feels because I have been treated this way. Being somewhere new, not having any friends, being ignored and trying to fit in."
02/14/2012 page 57
19.0% "My book is in first person, but the person is switching between 2 girls. One girl thinks the other one is lame and weird. The weird girl thinks the other girl is really cool and popular. This is funny because one wants to be like the other and with her. But the other wants nothing to do with the weird one."
02/16/2012 page 141
46.0% "I feel really bad for Chelsea because her parents are constantly fighting and screaming at each other. "I start to hear yelling coming from downstairs. This always happens at this time of night. It's like my parents' witching hour." (120) This proves that her parents have been fighting for a while and that this isn't something new. I would want to run away if I were her."