Lux Zakari's Reviews > Beautiful Mess

Beautiful Mess by Lucy V. Morgan

Feb 25, 12

Read in February, 2012

Beautiful Mess is the first story I’ve read of Lucy Morgan’s, tiding me over until her novel Chairman of the Whored is released. After reading this, I look forward to reading Chairman even more.

Bailey has just been dumped by her evil boyfriend, Craig, and her flatmates Tom and Olly, along with their friend Linc, take it upon themselves to cheer her up with pizza and a bottle of Jagermeister. The alcohol leads Bailey to admit under duress that she’s never had an orgasm during sex before, a confession that sticks with Linc long after the night’s over. So when Valentine’s Day rolls around, he decides to help Bailey cross that problem off her Never-Have-I-Ever list and obliterate all thought of Craig for good.

I’m happy that the author’s real life humor and keep-it-realness have worked their way into this sexy novella. I don’t identify with young, “Sex and the City”-type characters with their chick-lit jobs in marketing and advertising who have nothing down-to-earth, ridiculous, unfeminine or hilarious to say or do. So in Beautiful Mess, it was refreshing to read about characters in their twenties accurately depicted: drinking too much Jager, striving to become YouTube sensations, owning pet rats and calling their Asian friend a “Hentai
princess” with all the affection in the world. It’s obvious that the author had fun writing this story, and the sex scene? Completely hot. Morgan provides just the right amount of description and dirty talk and leaves readers totally satisfied.

I only wish the story had lasted longer—I thought the buildup between Bailey and Linc could’ve been extended, but being what it is, this works for a novella, and better yet—it’s completely free on Amazon. I can’t wait to read more from Morgan—and someday hear how the story’s “Very Slutty Werewolf” song goes!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Mess.