Laura's Reviews > The Green Mile, Part 6: Coffey on the Mile

The Green Mile, Part 6 by Stephen King

Feb 11, 2012

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from February 09 to 11, 2012

I think I did this whole series in record time; no way would I have finished it so quickly if it had been bound all together, I don't think. So I guess I can't bitch about the serial thing, though I'm still glad I didn't have to wait a month for each one to come out.

A satisfying ending, I thought. All the loose ends got ties neatly up in as believable a fashion as one could expect, given what had transpired before. I had *totally* forgotten about what Paul was doing in the shed at the retirement home. I felt myself beaming as I read and then, of course, getting very weepy.

**SPOILER ALERT**
I knew Coffey was going to die one way or another. I think I'd have been annoyed at King if he had somehow let him live. Thankfully, King rarely does that unless it makes sense; he's not one for the totally happy ending just for the sake of it (ever read Cujo?). I'd forgotten how Percy and Wharton played out; that was nice surprise for me.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the story as a whole. Think I'll go back and watch the film again sometime soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Green Mile, Part 6.

02/10/2012 page 73