Janina's Reviews > Enchantment

Enchantment by Charlotte Abel

Feb 09, 2012

bookshelves: arc-for-review-blog-tour, magical-psychic, witches
Read from March 17 to 28, 2012

I find that I don't read to many magic/witch books. I don't know why even though I love Harry Potter, but I don't read many of these kind of books. I really enjoyed this one though. Channie is a girl whose family are mages (witches) and they have a power name which goes on how their magic is performed. Enchantment was her power name until her parents unleashed dark magic and changed it into Chastity. That is where all the drama begins!

I really liked the storyline of this book. It took a different take on things than any of the other witch books that I have read. The difference made it intriguing, but sometimes I felt it fell a little flat, but overall I really enjoyed it.

I liked Channie. She was smart, but sometimes I felt she had the "reckless teen" syndrome. She did things without thought and tended to let her emotions cloud her thoughts. And sometimes she got a bit annoying, but I could over look it. She fought for what she believed in, against her parents who tried to run her life. (that's basically how I see it. They could have went about the situation another way).

When Channie meets Josh for the first time, I thought it was hilarious. The whole shocking thing would really come in handy! But I really liked Josh. He was a loveable guy and was really sweet and always had Channie's best interest at heart. He was the kind of guy that all girls wish they had :) But it did have the "Love at first sight" feel to it. But it wasn't too bad for all you who hate that kind of thing. I thought the romance between to two was cute and sweet. But I do feel this book is for mature teens because it does tough the subject of sex quite a few times.

This book isn't the action filled type, but it does have moments where you really want to know what happens next.

Channie's parents are a trip! Her dad, especially, but he was hilarious. Her parents took things to the extreme.

I just love the trips and wish we learned more about where her sister went and the Diego guy. I love Elijah too, he was just too cute!

The Hunter thing was kind of weird, like the way he acted. And I really liked the ending :) I am so glad I already have book 2 and I can't wait to read it! Thank you to Charlotte Abel for participating in the read 2 review in my Young Adult Reads goodreads group and providing the copies :)! I really appreciate and am glad I got the chance this book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enchantment.