E.L.'s Reviews > Druid's Bane

Druid's Bane by Phillip Henderson

Feb 09, 2012

bookshelves: favorites
Read from February 09 to March 01, 2012

I liked this book very much in the end. I like Dee from the start. She is very vocal and stands behind what she believes even if it isnt the norm or what a woman of her status should do. Kane, well im not sure what to think of him. Hes a nasty piece of work but weather that is just who he is or who the people pulling his strings wish him to be i dont know; a part of me felt sorry for the lad at points. I very much liked the story line even though it wasnt my usual pick. I love knights and all that, and it did have a bit of magic in it so it might pass barely as my usual. The story was well defined and it was easy to visual. I only got lost a couple of time in the beginning by all the changes in whos head you were in. I will be getting the next book, in the end it had my full interest and was sad to see the story end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Druid's Bane.

02/29 "9%"
01/03 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Leighanne,

I really apreciate the review of Druid's Bane, and I'm thrilled you enjoyed the read. If you missed the free offer of Maig's Hand at Amazon.com, let me know and I'll gift you a copy.

Cheers,

philg_nz@hotmail.com

E.L. Im afraid i did and would be pleased for the copy. My email is eleighanne@gmail.com i can not wait to start it. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

... It's on its way. Enjoy.

Best,

Phil Henderson

E.L. Thank you so much. Cannot wait to find out what happens next. Is there are third?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Absolutely. Larnius' Revenge is the next instalment and should be ready in a few months ... maybe six with all the writing commitments I have at the moment (The first instalment of another fantasy series and a comic series I'm co-authoring called Fractured Classics where we rewrite Shakespeare's plays as farcical episodes in prose). There will be six books in the Arkaelyon Chronicles series :)

If you enjoy Maig's hand I'll Send you an advanced copy of Larnius' Revenge when its ready ;).

Best,

Phil Henderson

E.L. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm working on my book as well so I take breaks and read Maig's hand. I'll be sure to let you know when I'm done. Happy writings!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

What genre do you write in?

E.L. Young adult, sci-fi, fantasy, supernatural, etc. Vampires, shapeshifters, werewolves, etc

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

urban fantasy, awesome, teen ... adult what readership are you aiming the work at? Also, are you writing a stand-alone or a series?

message 10: by E.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.L. I have a series of 4 or 5. Working on book 2 currently. My main character is a freshman in college. Ive had two friends read it so far, one is 17 and the other is early to mid 30s.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Send me a sample if you like. Is your intention to secure a mainstream publisher or are you looking to self-publish?

message 12: by E.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.L. Im going to self publish for now i think, i sent it n to a publishing company and they wanted to publish but it was just too expensive for me right now. As much fun as it would be to be a famous author i just like writing and sharing it. I will message you the coupon code for smashwords in a few.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool, I'll have a read. And thank you for the coupon!

message 14: by E.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.L. No problem, you gifted me, i can gift you back lol i just want some honest reviews.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

... I can do that :).

A word of advice, go exclusive with Amazon.com's select program. One of our authors at Acclaimed Books moved over 16,000 copies of one of his books in two days He is presently http://www.amazon.com/North-Slope-ebo.... You can't buy that kind of exposure. And if you have multiple titles, the knock on effect can be quite staggering. But Amazon demands 90-day exclusivity.

message 16: by E.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.L. I was messing with amazon earlier while at the house just looking to see what there was and the only thing i could find was a paper copy, is there a ebook part that i just didnt see or is it the paperback copy? Im new to this and still learning

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

... its an ebook. Check the Amazon kindle store

message 18: by E.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.L. Ok thanks, ill have a look when i get home.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

here's the link to their kindle programme for authors https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishin...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Also check out their prime program. I do not know how it all works because my publisher handles the details, but I know I get a regular royalty check/cheque :)

message 21: by E.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.L. Awesome thanks! When i get back on my laptop tomorrow ill check it out

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

... I've started reading Believe. Rest assured it ticks all the right boxes thus far. The narrative voice is intimate, the tone connects well with the character and the opening has a foreboding feel to it .... sufficient to encourage the reader on at a good clip.

I'm not promising anything, but would you mind if I ran this past the crew at Acclaimed Books?

message 23: by E.L. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.L. You can if you want to, that would be nice of you. I don't think I'll be able to do anything besides what I am for now but you never know.