Romancing the Book's Reviews > Bittersweet

bookshelves: contemporary, chick-lit, romance
Read in February, 2012

Reviewed By~JoAnne
Review Copy Provided By~Publisher

This was a quick and enjoyable read and not at all what I expected. The story revolved around the horse set in horse country, something I know nothing about, but you felt you were there with the masses by the descriptive phrases used throughout. There were a few different story lines taking place at the same time but it flowed effortlessly and kept you absorbed in the action. There were tears, laughter, romance which was quite steamy at times, conflicts and angst with lots of twists and turns until several happily ever afters were reached. The love of family was exhibited by the actions of David and Liz, Chris' parents, and they welcomed Anna and Becca into their fold because Anna needed to know what being part of a loving family felt like in order for her to let go of her past. You couldn't help but root for Chris and Anna to be able to show their love to each other no matter how many road blocks they put in their own way. I recommend this book to anyone who likes romances. Although I have not read books by this author before I will definitely look to read some of her other books in the future and hope they are as good as Bittersweet was.

Favorite Quote: Anna followed the Stevensons to Fincastle. As she drove past the main barn, she thought of Chris. A wave of longing shafted through her so strongly it was almost painful. Did he not remember how he had loved her that night?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bittersweet.