H.Lee 's Reviews > Always You

Always You by Shilpa Mudiganti

Feb 09, 12

Read in February, 2012

This book was the perfect set up for a passionate romance.

Alex and Lyla once shared a past. Due to a huge secret that Alex had kept from Lyla, their love affair quickly ended with Lyla walking out on him and never turning back again. When Lyla goes to a work meeting and walks into the room, she comes face to face with Alex after so many years and she is not sure if she can keep herself from falling in love again.

This was a very quick read for me and I am not sure if the reason is because I loved the book so much or because it was only 112 pages? The reader is quickly swept into the life of Lyla, she is involved with Nick and is not sure if she can truly love him and then Alex walks back into her life. I understand Lyla’s feeling of betrayal, the secret that was kept was really big! I enjoyed that the setting for the book took place in two of the most romantic cities in the world, NYC and Paris!

Alex was DEFINITELY swoonworthy! He made me giggle a few times with his snarky comments. We also got to see a little from his POV. The book was mostly from Lyla’s POV, but luckily got a glimpse here and there into Alex.

I would recommend this read for anyone whom would like a short romance. This book will captivate you until the end, which was steamy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always You.