Cha's Reviews > It's All Greek to Me

It's All Greek to Me by Katie MacAlister

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: books-with-super-hot-men, fun-fun-books, girl-power
Read from February 09 to 10, 2012

A friend of mine recommended Katie MacAlister. She said I should try one of her books if I want something fun to read. And I did have a great time reading this It’s All Greek to Me. It was pretty light and no dull/dark moments in the book. Actually, I don’t think there is a real mystery or even a story line: girl arrives in a foreign place, meets a rich-handsome-guy, falls head over heels and lives HEA. Yes, there are a lot of steamy scenes.

Nevertheless, I found the book utterly refreshing. The usual chase between the male and female leads in nonexistent. There was no beating around the bush. Both of them took the plunge. Which somehow I am thankful for, because really, the characters are strong-minded people who know exactly what they want to do with their lives. You will eventually be together, so why waste time? Was there a conflict? Yes, there were tiny conflicts – no melodramas at all. This fact will probably frustrate some of the readers.

I like Harry (although I find her real name weird). She is one of the most pragmatic ladies I have met in fiction-land. She’s feisty, witty and sarcasm is probably part of her accent. She’s strong, and doesn’t lose her mind when the two of them fights or has a misunderstanding. Harry’s inability to remember Iakovos Papaioannou’s name (which I even could not recall easily) is an additional entertainment. Her ingenious versions are really amusing. They settle their conflicts as soon as it arises and move on to the next. She’s very vocal about her emotions, tells him that she loves him, but he won’t tell her just the same (although it is pretty much obvious). It’s really cute how she would try to goad him in speaking the three little words – and you would never guess where, how, and when did he said ‘I love you’ to her – it was just freaking hilarious.

The secondary characters like Theo adds spice to the story and I sincerely hope Katie MacAlister would write his happy ending too.

For future readers, I advise you not to expect too much from this book. It is good, you will have fun reading it but it may not have the depth that you would like in a novel. However, if you want a fun, light read in between those heavy doses of romantic novels – I suggest you give It's All Greek to Me a chance and you’ll just not stop laughing your hearts out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's All Greek to Me.

Quotes Cha Liked

Katie MacAlister
“Do you want me to ride you like a rented mule, or do you prefer to be Mr. Missionary Position? I'm fine with wither, so it doesn't matter to me.”
Katie MacAlister, It's All Greek to Me

Katie MacAlister
“...didn't want you to think that I looked at you as nothing more than an orgasm machine.”
Katie MacAlister, It's All Greek to Me