Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)'s Reviews > Exiled

Exiled by RaShelle Workman

Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: own-kindle, young-adult, wishlist
Read from February 23 to 27, 2012

Venus finds herself on Earth with her protector, Zaren. Why she is there, she does not know. She is supposed to be on a journey that will make her immortal. Instead she is on Earth with a mission from the Gods, to make a boy find true love. On top of that Venus has learned that someone has framed her for murder back on her home planet. But Venus first needs to focus on Michael and there is a catch - she has only one week before she dies from Earth's atmosphere....

Venus' and Michael's first encounter is anything but pleasant but over the next few days Venus starts to get closer to Michael. Venus finds herself overwhelmed with emotions that she has never felt before, but not just for Michael but for Zaren as well. During which time, Venus struggle with finding a way to help Michael find true love.

The more she learned, the more her soul connected with his. He needed her help. He needed love more than anyone she'd ever known. And, Venus wanted to help him.

I first found Venus rather annoying but as time went on I found her growth as a human/alien enduring and interesting. I loved seeing her react to human emotions and needs, like eating pancakes for the first time. The one character I loved the most was Michael. I fell in love with him right away. My heart couldn't help but feel for him; he is both a strong character literally and figuratively.

RaShelle Workman has created a very unique plot line. While at times I was bit confused of what exactly was going one, I fell in love with the plot, wanting to know what was going to happen next. Exiled was a very unexpected read, as I was very tentative at first after reading the synopsis. But I was soon surprised to find how intriguing it become - these are my favorite types of reads, never knowing what to expect.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exiled.