Erik's Reviews > Rise of the Wolf

Feb 28, 12

bookshelves: ya-fantasy-sci-fi, read-in-en
Read from February 09 to 28, 2012

3,5/5
Well, what to say about this book. When I started reading it I found myself inbetween the world of Eragon and The Name of the Wind. I have to say that thats my cup of tea, but I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book.

'You're the last of the werewolves son. Don't fight it...Conquer it' I just hoped it is not going to be another story like The Wolf of the Mercy Falls story. And it sure was not!
The first sixty or so pages are rather boring, we meet our hero Drew, a charming farmboy, then comes a creature which kills his mother and Drew changes into a werewolf for the first time. Of course father thinks Drew killed his mother and Drew has to run away from his home into the woods.

Haven’t I heard and read this somewhere and several times already?

Well, this is the part when I considered putting the book away. But good thing I didn’t.
Because after the page 80 we are introduced into a fascinating Wereworld where the Werelords rules the Seven Realms of Lyssia. There are no only Werewolfs but also Werebears, Wererats, Werefoxes and many others incl. Werelions. From this moment I was completely addicted to this book.
Drew is the only living son of Wergar, the former king which was killed by his enemy Werelion Leopold, the recent king. After usurping the throne Leopold killed all the Werewolves in Lyssia, only this one got missing.

Well the rest of the story you have to read by yourselves, I don’t want to give away any spoilers:)
My final rating is 3,5/5 stars because I was really bored in the beginning. But I am looking forward to the next parts!
Enjoy!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rise of the Wolf.

02/09/2012 page 54