Megan 's Reviews > Vengeance Born

Vengeance Born by Kylie Griffin

Apr 03, 12

bookshelves: demons, romance, magic
Read from March 29 to 31, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This book was just an "okay" book for me. It wasn't terrible and it wasn't fabulous. Quite honestly there are only two problems with it. They are big problems for me but I'll still continue with the series in hopes that it will get better.

Problem number 1: The book's plot and concept are really nice. I liked the two sides at odds with each other. I liked the nice little twist at the end. I however did not like the romance in this book too much. This is going to sound stupid because it is a romance novel but it took up too much of the book for me. I would have liked to have read more about what they are going to do with the problems they face, met more of the Na'Chi, and see Annika (the main character) work more with her healing Gift. Those are the things that when brought up in the book I loved. I'm also not saying don't have romance in the book. I love romance, just not this one. Anyway, more about the other things in the story please and this book would have got at least four stars out of me.

Problem number 2: This problem goes with my number one problem. The romance. It happened too fast and seemed at times a little forced. The entire romance and falling in love takes place in the span of about a week. Maybe I'm weird, but love usually doesn't happen that fast. Also, I'm starting to grow tired of the whole "love at first sight, oh my god I can't control my raging hormones" type of thing. And what really bothered me was one second they don't trust each other and on the very same page they want to have sex? Didn't make much sense to me. I would have preferred to ease into it but that's just me.

All in all, I'm going to continue this series if anything because I loved the conflicts and am still interested in the characters enough to see where these next books will take them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vengeance Born.