Justine's Reviews > Existence

Existence by Abbi Glines

Apr 07, 12

bookshelves: ghosts, paranormal-romance, young-adult
Read from February 25 to March 04, 2012

Pagan Moore is a 17-year-old high-school student who has the eerie ability to see ghosts or “souls” as she calls them. Pagan keeps her ability secret by pretending they just aren't there. That is until what Pagan thinks is just another soul starts showing up everywhere. Except this soul is actually death, and it's Pagan’s time. However, things change when he becomes drawn to pagan as she makes him feel and want when he shouldn't be able to.

I'm trying not to give too much away with the summary so I have kept it brief.

I loved the interactions between Pagan and Dank (Death; you will understand why when you read the book). There is such longing between the two. They want and need one another immensely, and both are drawn to the other "like moths to a flame” as they say.

Despite Pagan’s feelings for Dank, she starts dating the popular, talented and worshiped start football player, who she originally assumed was just a typical jock. It's hard to see her relationship with Leif, and it makes me somewhat mad at her for staying in the relationship when it's a lie for her.

Existence is wonderfully written, with an interesting cast of characters. I really like Miranda, Pagan's best friend who can only be described as having a flair for dramatics. I hope that we get to see more of her in the nest book.

I was hooked on every word, and the ending was such a shock! Not just because of the intrigue of the last line but also because I thought there had to be more. I actually checked my Reader to see if it had cut the story short. So basically I got to the end and wanted MORE!

That’s got to be the best recommendation I can give.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Existence.