Courtney's Reviews > When Copper Suns Fall

When Copper Suns Fall by KaSonndra Leigh

Feb 19, 12

Read from February 08 to 18, 2012

As I started reading, I was instantly drawn in. The main character thinking that she saw her comatose brother’s hand move was just that right emotional pull to get me interested. Unfortunately, my interest was brought to a screeching hault soon after that. The author never went into any detail as to how their society came to be, what the “Great War” was all about. I was so confused by the terminology that it was hard for me to make sense of the story. After reading more, I soon figured out that there would really be no explaination of those things, so I tried to put it in the back of my mind and continue reading. The story seemed to be bogged down with far too many details and the action packed moments were few and far between. The main character wasn’t very well developed and the supporting characters weren’t great. There was so many of them that they all became a big muddle of confusion. And her romantic interest felt somewhat forced to me. There seemed to be no “real” connection with them that it became incredibly hard for me to believe that they were bonded so closely. Overall it was a decent book. As a visual reader I would have liked to have had some more details and information about the world the author was trying to establish.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Copper Suns Fall.

02/10/2012 page 90
24.0% "So far i'm not very enthused about this book. I think when I get this far into a book at least a portion of the back story should be explained. All the terms the author uses are like a foreign language to me. She uses so many of them it's easy to get lost and disinterested when she so far has made no effort to explain anything. If there's no improvement in 100 pages i'll have to call it quits."
02/12/2012 page 90
24.0% "I tried to read more of this book yesterday. I probably got 15 pages more in. I'm finding that I'm going to have to be very motivated to read this book."
02/13/2012 page 179
48.0% "Things are beginning to pick up some."
show 3 hidden updates…