J.D. Stroube's Reviews > Serial Murderers and their Victims

Serial Murderers and their Victims by Eric W. Hickey

May 07, 12

bookshelves: own-ebook, school
Recommended for: People interested in the criminal justice system and psychology
Read from February 01 to May 07, 2012

This book was a requirement for one of my classes, but I found that it was quite interesting. While it can be disturbing to learn about the actions SK's take, the knowledge I gained was useful from an educational stance.
I never appreciated how many typologies exist among serial murderers until I read this book. It also shocked me by putting to rest some of the myths surrounding serial killers!
For instance: Apparently the belief that there are very few female serial killers is inaccurate! The real truth is that female's are the "quiet killers", which means that their forms of killing are so subtle that they go unnoticed. Many female serial killers will pray on their family members, the elderly, or those whose deaths do not raise questions!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serial Murderers and their Victims.

02/08/2012
10.0% "I'm reading this for a criminal justice course. So far, it doesn't read like a textbook, which is nice. However, it is a little redundant at times."
02/13/2012
15.0% "The insight to SK and MM is interesting because it is very specific and different than what you would expect after learning about the subject via tv, media, and other textbooks."
02/25/2012
20.0% "Interesting, this is definitely not a boring book. However, some of the information is difficult to stomach. Regardless, of the horrible specifics of the crimes... the book is unique and definitely educational in understanding the correlation between serial killers, their motives, and their victims."

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Sounds really interesting!.

J.D. Stroube Furny wrote: "Sounds really interesting!."

It is. I mean, if you're fascinated by criminal justice and psychology... it's interesting to learn about everything behind the scenes. It's not morbid or anything, but it gives insight into profiling and facts that most people don't know. :)