TJ's Reviews > The Wind Through the Keyhole

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

Jun 08, 12

Read from April 24 to 29, 2012

A wonderful entry into the Dark Tower series that King supposedly completed in 2004. Think of this as DT 4.5, after Glass and before Wolves. We don't spend much time with the Ka-tet, as Roland tells them a story of his past while they take shelter from a storm (a "starkblast"--great imagery behind that name). As Roland tells the tale of hunting a shifter in a small town, King then takes it further and tells a story WITHIN the story, that of a boy who must attempt to save his mother's life. It's this middle story that takes up the bulk of the book and it too was just gorgeously written. A great addition to the Dark Tower series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind Through the Keyhole.

04/25/2012
25.0% "Such a great read already..." 1 comment
04/26/2012
75.0% "Reading while waiting for my own to come out. But good God, did SK write the crap out of this fucking book."

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 4: by Jenn (new) - added it

Jenn :) Do you know I've never read any of the Dark Tower books? or Bag of Bones? or Under the Dome? *sigh*

message 3: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle Rowan I love these books! Must read them again.

Patrick Holt I agree. I'm really enjoying the SK renaissance. Since Under The Dome he's been back in top form and churning out some great stuff.

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Ummm... isn't the boy attempting to save his *mother's* life?