Amy Jacobs's Reviews > Shadow Kiss

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Feb 08, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in February, 2012

This series is getting better and better with each book I read. I liked the first book, loved the second book, but I am head over heals IN LOVE with Shadow Kiss. This one had the action, the romance, and of course more heartbreak and angst.

Rose has matured a bit for me in this book. I especially love how she stood up for her own needs over what Lissa wants near the end. I love how she finally has realized that there are things she needs to have in her life at this moment in her life she is going to finally use her courage and strength to do it. Every time Rose thought she was having a 'crazy episode', my heart started to crack with sadness. When she starts seeing Mason, I wanted comfort Rose and make her believe that she is not seeing things. I really wish she would have told Dimitri sooner though so that they could have figured out what was really going on sooner.

I also feel that Rose needs to take the advice that others have given her and accept that Lissa is stronger than Rose realizes. She should have also confided in Lissa about being in love with Dimitri. They are suppose to be best friends, but it seems Rose never uses her as a best friend should in sharing secrets.

When the puzzle starts piecing together and the action really kicks into full gear, the author again wreaked havoc on my emotions. How could she do this to our beloved Dimitri? After Rose and Dimitri finally figure a possible way of making a relationship work, she pulls the rug out from underneath us and does the worst.

Then we have Adrian. Oh playful and flirtatious Adrian. I have fallen for him as well. I love his witty humor and laid back personality. I enjoyed it when he was trying to capture the magic of Spirit and bring the plants back to life with Lissa. I loved his actions with Rose and how he would do anything he could for her. The final scenes with Rose and Adrian were so sweet and tender that I found myself crying with his words.

Overall, these books are just getting better and I keep having to change my favorite book in the series as I go. If you haven't read this series yet, you are definitely missing out on not only a great story but amazing writing as well.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Kiss.

Quotes Amy Liked

Richelle Mead
“He stepped back and threw his arms out.
"I'm always crazy around you Rose. Here, I'm going to write an impromptu poem for you."
He tipped his head back and shouted to the sky:
"Rose is in red
But never in blue
Sharp as a thorn
Fights like one too.”

Richelle Mead
“If you want some advice—which I'm sure you don't—you guys should lay off on the magic. Christian still thinks you're moving in on Lissa."
"What?" he asked in mock astonishment. "Doesn't he know my heart belongs to you?"
"It does not. And no, he's still worried about it, despite what I've told him."
"You know, I bet if we started making out right now, it would make him feel better."
"If you touch me," I said pleasantly, "I'll provide you with the opportunity to see if you can heal yourself. Then we'd see how badass you really are.”

Richelle Mead
“Even I make mistakes." I put on my brash, overconfident face. "I know it's hard to believe—kind of surprises me myself—but I guess it has to happen. It's probably some kind of karmic way to balance out the universe. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair to have one person so full of awesomeness.”

Richelle Mead
“If I didn't know any better, I'd say you just defended Christian's honor. Isn't he a pain in the ass?
"Yes he is. But for the next 6 weeks he's MY pain in the ass.”