LuvGirl's Reviews > A Courtesan's Scandal

A Courtesan's Scandal by Julia London

This book is my favorite so far this year. I almost stopped reading it in the beginning due to the way the hero was described but I pushed through and was very happy that I did. The storyline was so engrossing I couldn’t put the book down. You should have heard me talking to the characters like they could hear me, lol. I was so surprised in the beginning that the stuffy proper duke was having an adulterous affair with one of his peer’s wife. He was definitely NOT a one dimensional character and that’s what I loved about this book most of all.

I usually don’t like JL’s heroines. The heroes are always lap dogs to their shrewish behaviors. They are always very unlikeable to me, but in this book I thought the heroine was well drawn out and had a realistic personality. Actually all the characters including the secondary ones were portrayed very well. “Hell has no fury like a woman scorned” comes to mind when thinking of the hero’s adulterous mistress. I’m not so sure how I feel about our leads HEA with her and the prince still around, lol.

The ending was not as satisfying as I would have liked though. The stage scene at the end was rather eye rolling material, and there should have been an epilogue. There was just too much loose ends to tie up for there not to be one. Were his family ruined because he married a courtesan? Will the prince try to get revenge on the duke for stealing his mistress? Will the Duke’s spurned mistress stab them all in their sleep? I guess we will never know!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Courtesan's Scandal.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rakisha The storyline was so engrossing I couldn’t put the book down. You should have heard me talking to the characters like they could hear me, lol. I was so surprised in the beginning that the stuffy proper duke was having an adulterous affair with one of his peer’s wife. He was definitely NOT a one dimensional character and that’s what I loved about this book most of all.

OMG! Totally my reaction. I usually don't like historical romance but this has sucked me right in and I am considering buying it.

LuvGirl You should buy it, it was a great read :-)