Uzma's Reviews > The Reluctant Fundamentalist

The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid

Feb 08, 12

incredibly good read! author writes well and the story kept me at the edge of my seat till the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Fundamentalist.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shaheena What did you think happened at the end? I've been dying to discuss this with someone. I made Deba read it after I did to see what she thought.

Uzma oh my- sorry just saw this post Shaheena- I really liked the book all in all- I was at the edge of my seat and couldn't put it down till I finished. I read this quite a while ago but I think the ending was a bit disappointing because it felt unresolved. Also I was hoping that the author would have rationalized more to the liberal side of muslims despite muslims becoming more religious and fundamentalists after 9/11. But it is fiction and I think it addressed a very important phenomena in American muslims post 9/11. I read some very interesting interpretations of this book on goodreads by other readers. It was definitely a book which made me think about our role as muslims in America. What is your interpretation?

Shaheena Sorry for the late response. Actually it's been a while and I just wanted to know what happened. I made Deba read it and tell me what she thought happened. Interesting, frustrating and good that it kept you wondering and creating the ending in your own mind.