Naomi's Reviews > The Last Werewolf

The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan

Feb 08, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in February, 2012

Gosh 5 stars and it's only February.
This book was analytical, philosophical and brutal. It won't appeal to most YA/paranormal/urban Kick-ass heroine type readers (not that I'm high brow, I like a nice fast paced paranormal romp, just look at my book list). All I'm saying is this book is not that kind of story because although it is fantasy it's also an internal dialogue on existence.
The precise use of words appealed to me as did a lot of the observations on human nature. There are literary allusions and movie comparisons peppered through out, which slightly bugged me.

For the first few chapters the main character remains quite passive and I was starting to think the reason for werewolf genocide was the fact they were as scary as my nan, this does change, but the main character being out-smarted and out-gunned is a reoccurring theme. However as a character I really liked his jaded outlook and whole passages had me laughing out loud.

This is one of the few books that I'll be recommending to my son, because I think he'll appreciate the use of language.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Werewolf.