Anna's Reviews > Prom

Prom by Laurie Halse Anderson

Feb 08, 2012

liked it
Read in February, 2012

What is something that you think that you will never do in your entire life time? Well Ashley Hannigan was convinced that she would never go to her Senior Prom, or let alone get caught up in anything to do with it. On the other hand, her best friend, Nat, was the head of the Prom committee thought that Prom was all set and stone, until the big disaster. Now both Ashley and Nat find themselves doing what they never expected themselves to be doing.

The author, Laurie Halse Anderson, used a very creative way to write this book. She did not use a normal chapter book format. Instead she had the chapters start and stop in random places on the page. I am not saying that this makes her a bad author, more just a creative way to write a book.

I really enjoyed the book, because I for one am one of those people who get extremely excited for prom. I could not really relate to Ashley, but at the same time I could see where she was coming from.

I would recommend this book to teenage girls, because it is in the point of view of a girl. Well and of course the whole book talks about prom, so boys do not usually get that excited over it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prom.