April's Reviews > Mercy

Mercy by Jodi Picoult

Jul 21, 08

Read in July, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I really wanted to like this book. I've heard rave reviews about J.P. and this was my first read from this author. Things I liked: The parts that focused on Maggie were heartbreaking. Jamie is a likable guy forced to make a life-changing decision that no one should ever have to make. Allie comes into her own and realizes she's stronger than she thought she was. The allegory of how the title "Mercy" is used in different contexts for different characters. Things I didn't like and the reason for only 3 stars: Cam. Cam. Cam. He falls in love in what, 2 days? A love so strong that he cheats on his wife whom he has supposedly loved for 10 years? Only after his wife finds out does he realize that he's done something wrong, and still he never showed remorse, even as he was being taken back into the fray. At the end of the book, he still wants to be the big man with little wifey at home who cooks his food and cleans his house and lives to serve him. Ugh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mercy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Paytas Totally agree. I almost hate Allie for taking him back. She should have been with graham in the end. Or really anyone but Cam because he is a selfish douche.

April Exactly! I think this book pissed me off so much because it reinforces "standing by your man" no matter how he treats you. Again, I say, ugh.

Ruth Habington Couldn't agree more, I hated cam and lived ally it would of been much better if she had left him

message 4: by Mai (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mai Couldnt agree more .allie shouldnt return to cam like nothing happened but i liked jamie loved the way he loved maggie