Wendy Lohr's Reviews > Personal Demons

Nov 30, 14

bookshelves: adult-paranormal-romance, demons
Read from March 11 to 19, 2012

My Thoughts:

Megan Chase is a practicing psychologist that has just begun a new radio spot in which she promises to slay peoples' personal demons. Only problem is that personal demons truly do exist and they're worried that Megan may be able to actually destroy them. As she becomes more entrenched in a supernatural world of demons, zombies, soul-suckers, and other psychics like herself, Megan has to literally fight to survive and will be forced to confront her own past in order to do so.

This book is the beginning of what I'm sure will be a fantastic series! Megan Chase is easy to relate to since other than her psychic ability, she literally is just like most other women out there. She has a career, she has insecurities, and she's not the typical kick-ass that most paranormal/fantasy main female characters are. Her intelligence and determination are her best weapons and she does have a snarky side which is pretty awesome!

And then there's Greyson Dante. He's a demon that gives the outward impression that he's a lawyer, although he's never claimed to be one. He's smokin' hot, has a penchant for actually being honorable, but still loves to cause mischief just like any other good demon does. The sexual tension between him and Megan is gradual to build instead of an immediate, all-consuming passion, which is definitely nice for a change. I really liked how the author took her time developing the attraction between these two, allowing it to build to an amazing inferno towards the end.

Oh, and I don't want to forget Megan's cockney guard demons, Malleus, Maleficarum, and Spud. Yes, that's actually their names and I could totally hear their cockney accents in every one of their interactions with Megan. Those three completely cracked me up and really gave a unique depth to the entire story. They were definitely excellent additions!

So, for anyone who loves stories about demons and likes a wicked sense of humor, check this book out! The action scenes were really good, too, and the plot and character development were superbly written. Now I need to get my hands on the next book in this series, Demon Inside, so I can find out how Megan handles the new development in her life that was revealed at the end of this book!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Personal Demons.

03/12/2012 page 81