Patty's Reviews > The Listerdale Mystery And Eleven Other Stories

The Listerdale Mystery And Eleven Other Stories by Agatha Christie

1020899
Feb 12, 12

bookshelves: 2012, audiobook, crime-fiction, mystery, women-writers, humor, short-stories, fiction, england
Read from February 08 to 10, 2012

I often forget that Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple did not populate all of Dame Christie's books. This should not be difficult for me - I owned a small book called A Star Over Christmas. This book's author was Agatha Christie Mallowen. It took me years to make the connection between my favorite Christmas book and the Grande Dame of mysteries, but those stories were nothing like her mysteries.

Nevertheless, I picked up these twelve stories expecting Captain Hastings (Hugh Fraser) to be reading about Christie's famous detectives. What I got were 12 mysteries that were intriguing, surprising and sometimes scary. A couple of them were amusing and most were new to me. All in all this book made a great listen. The stories were short enough that I could finish some of them during my daily commute.

Hugh Fraser was the perfect choice for the reader since his voice is familiar to many Christie devotees. Also he is a good audiobook reader.

I recommend this book to lovers of the short story, mystery readers of all kinds and to those of us who forget that Dame Christie was excellent at plotting detective stories, no matter who she picked as the protagonist.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Listerdale Mystery And Eleven Other Stories.