Erin's Reviews > The Vincent Brothers

The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines

Jun 06, 2012

bookshelves: want-signed-copy

Okay, so this was one of my most highly anticipated books for the year, and I'm SO glad it's finally out!! Vincent Boys was one of my all-time favorite stories, I fell in love with Beau and just couldn't get enough of him and Ash!! I wasn't sure how I'd feel with the sequel because I knew it was Sawyer's story. It must be a very daunting task for a writer to take a character that you purposefully made somewhat 'expendable' relationship-wise in one book to suddenly be a heartthrob in the sequel. That's kind of how I felt about Sawyer; he was sweet and lovable, but Beau's sexy, cocky, bad-boy personality just blew right through him for me! But Abbi nailed it in Vincent Brothers, creating another side to Sawyer that I never saw coming and very much enjoyed!! Oh, and the added bonus of seeing Beau and Ash happy and unable to keep their hands off each other... =)

Sawyer is still pretty hung up on Ash this time around, but he's trying so hard to get past it all. Enter Ash's cousin Lana! When he sees Lana and realizes that the plain Jane is now a foxy lady, I just loved his reaction!! He practically molests her with his stare, much to her delight. =) The fact that Lana had loved him for years and never thought she'd have a chance b/c of Ash really brought their story full-circle. After we learn more about Lana's family and what she puts up with, my heart just broke for her when she had to deal with Sawyer's behavior. Her feelings are so hurt by his selfish comments and inability to stay out of Ash's problems, and it was so crushing every time he makes her feel unwanted!! God, this poor girl just could not catch a break, and I wanted to slap Sawyer and shake Ash for not stopping to think about her. Of course, Sawyer was hurting too, and having to be around Ash all of the time without being the one she goes to still felt wrong after so many years. It was like they were stuck in this whirlpool and Sawyer couldn't drag himself out of it to see what he had right in front of him with Lana.

Sawyer's behavior wasn't the only thing that changed for Vincent Brothers, and boy was that a pleasant surprise!! He was such the 'good boy' in VB that I was never expecting the dirty little mind this boy has grown into!! It's not easy to make a virgin, straight-laced character suddenly be oozing in sex appeal, but boy was I ever fanning myself over Sawyer!! He's definitely moved past his shyness about going farther than first base, and he and Lana have some serious sexual tension going on! Whew!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I absolutely loved having more time with my Vincent boys!! Seeing Sawyer's side was an awesome way to wrap up their story, too, and he and Lana were just perfect for each other. It was like Lana was just what Sawyer needed to finally move on, and he made her become the strong woman she needed to be. This was a sweet, hot, heart-pounding, fun story and I just wish I didn't have to say goodbye to my boys!! I loved the way it all wrapped up in the epilogue, though, it was a beautiful ending to their journey!!
16 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vincent Brothers.

06/05/2012
25.0% "Ooooh, Sawyer's pulling a Beau!! Can't wait for Lana to put him in his place!! =)"
06/05/2012
70.0% "Oh, it's sexy Sawyer now....humina, humina!!! LOL" 6 comments

Heather I just bought it too!!

Sylvia Ooh I got mine at 1am this morning so I can't wait to get into it lol

Erin LOL, yeah I'm finishing up a smut book then breaking this one out!!

message 4: by ★Ruth★ (new)

★Ruth★ Have you started it yet Erin? If so is it as good as Vincent Boy's?

Erin I have! Sawyer didn't have even remotely the same effect on me in Boys as Beau did, so I'm not expecting this one to stop my heart repeatedly like the first book did. It's really good so far, though, and Sawyer is a LOT sexier than he was in Boys!! Humina, humina!! LOL I'm only 25% in, and it's hard to put down! ;-)

Adriana ooh i cant wait to get into mine im dying there is just to many damm books LOL

Jody I need to buy it.

Sylvia I know I bought it two days ago and I really don't know when I'm going to read it LOL

Jody How much was it?

Sylvia 3.99 Jody and if you read it and write a review and post it on Amazon etc it will go in the draw for you to win a signed copy of the paperback..woohoo I want one of those :)

message 11: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Oh, nice, I just posted my review on there!! =)

Sylvia LOL you're up already ...

Jody Heinzypop wrote: "3.99 Jody and if you read it and write a review and post it on Amazon etc it will go in the draw for you to win a signed copy of the paperback..woohoo I want one of those :)"

Oooo thanks I will do!!

Adriana ooh im going to do that too yay!!

Sylvia LOL I think we all will

message 16: by ★Ruth★ (new)

★Ruth★ Erin wrote: "I have! Sawyer didn't have even remotely the same effect on me in Boys as Beau did, so I'm not expecting this one to stop my heart repeatedly like the first book did. It's really good so far, thou..."

Yeah I was all about Beau as well so I think I'll wait a little bit

message 17: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Ruth wrote: "Erin wrote: "I have! Sawyer didn't have even remotely the same effect on me in Boys as Beau did, so I'm not expecting this one to stop my heart repeatedly like the first book did. It's really good..."

I was pleasantly surprised, Sawyer was a completely different man (in a good way!!) for Brothers. I flew through it, too, it keeps you hooked!!