Kame's Reviews > Jenna's Cowboy

Jenna's Cowboy by Sharon Gillenwater

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: cowboy, christian-fiction
Read in February, 2012

A wonderful love inspired christian romance that tackles how our returning veterans must pick up their lives and make a new. Jenna is Nate's boss's daughter and best friend's sister and he has loved her since High School. But Dad told him he wasn't good enough - that was before he went off to war and became a decorated war hero. But because of emotional scars from battle Nate is not sure if he can ever be the right one for Jenna. Jenna married the boy her Dad thought was headed for big things - but that man did not cherish the love Jenna and their young toddler gave - so they came back home. And Jenna does not know if she can ever love again. With God's Help they will both have answers.

It's a look at small town Texas - football loving, and community driven. I could feel the love of this family. Yes some things are too perfect in this book - but sometimes when I read all I want is an escape. This books goes on my Nook shelf of Favorites - ones I go back to when I just want to relax and visit with an old friend.
I downloaded this book for free a while ago on my Nook - but I did go and buy the second book in the series once I was finished! Other reviews I have read said it ended too quick - but when you read book 2 you understand as that books starts just a few days later but from a different character's perspective.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jenna's Cowboy.