Nawnee's Reviews > Darkness Dawns

Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall

Feb 08, 12

bookshelves: authors-i-m-addicted-to, books-i-couldn-t-put-down, hot-and-steamy-yum-yum
Recommended to Nawnee by: Fredmeyer :)
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from February 07 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I accidentally read the second book in this series first Night Reigns. Thank god it didn't give away so much that it ruined reading the first book I would have seriously missed out on a great read. There are some events that if read this series out of order you know before your suppose to but this can't be helped because it wasn't meant to be read out of order :) This didn't make the first book any less enjoyable. After reading the second book I was dying to know more about this world and the characters that live in it, this is exactly what the first book gives you. This series is full of blow your mind hot sexy men not that this has anything to do with the story line I just had to mention it lol. I'm still a little steamy from the sizzling romance between the main characters in this book. There is lots of danger, a little intrigue and fast paced plot to keep you on your toes. That said I really enjoy how Dianne Duvall writes something about her writing style really hooked me. Sometimes I find writers will use to much sex and it seems like there just using it as filler because they ran out of story and had to hit a certain number of pages, then I end up skipping some of the book to get back to the plot of the story. Now I'm not saying there isn't sex in this book I'm just saying it made sense to the story line to have it there it was obvious that the main characters had a connection right from the start I skipped non of this book I was so engrossed in her story that I didn't even realize I was at the end, this was a disappointment only because I didn't want to be done :) I'm going to look and see if there's a third book out and when and if I can buy it. If you like vampire stories and are looking for something a little out of the ordinary I suggest you grab this book she has her own unique perspective on the origins of vampires and the mythology behind them it was a wonderful read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Dawns.

02/08/2012