Jenna's Reviews > Dark Angel

Dark Angel by Eden Maguire

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own, books-i-hated
Read in February, 2012

I would like to think this novel had potential but it just fell flat. The plot, on a very basic level, could have been good - Who is Zoran? Can he be trusted? Can Daniel? However, it is so slow and drawn out that by the time anything happens I could not have cared less.

The characters had no personality at all and that made it hard to feel anything for them when Grace left them for Ezra. All that apparently matters is how good-looking they all are, *sigh*. I could partly forgive this short-coming because, fine, they're angels but it still didn't sit well with me. The relationship between Tania and Orlando is about the only funny thing in this book. They argue about the most pointless, childish things I was suprised they actually knew what sex was - seeing as, apart from arguing, this is the only other element to their "relationship".

Finally, the grammar was shocking. Whoever edited this book should be tried for crimes against literature. I can forgive a few mistakes but to get the spelling of the main character's name wrong half way through the book a few times? That is just ridiculous.

Highly disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Angel.