Stephanie's Reviews > Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time

Eat That Frog! by Brian Tracy

Mar 15, 12

bookshelves: psycology, 2012

I finished this book a couple of days ago..........and I wanted to put a review in right away to get it in at the top of the week, but there was the Super bowl, then Monday I had to make dog food (you did read that correctly), last night Justified was on.....and that needs your full attention. This morning I had class for my Ballot Judge position for the primary March 6 (that promises to be a clusterf#¥k my friends). Now I'm stuck at work, and have to type this out on my IPad which is not the fastest way to type, so that's annoying. Customers keep coming up, wanting to buy something.....the nerve.

Like majority of the human race, I have some procrastination issues,. So I thought I'd pickup the classic, but unfortunately named, Eat That Frog for some guidance. This book is full of great common sense tools to get yourself to do what you'd rather not do. Basically what you need to do is make lists. On the top of that list you put the thing you would rather avoid doing the most. This would be your "Frog". Then do that thing first, or eat that frog......then work your way down that list from the next slightly smaller, less ugly frog, down to prime rib, Oreos, tacos and cherry pie at the end of the list, if you could ever get there.

This book is geared toward the work environment, specificity office type work, which is not what I do. I draw people for a living (from life), so when the author wrote about picking out the most difficult thing you would all day to do first, I imagined picking out the screaming two year old from the crowd first, followed by the stumbleing drunk......ect.

So, I do plan to eat some frogs right after I beat a few people on Words With Friends.

61 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat That Frog!.

message 1: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely You make dog food?

SubterraneanCatalyst @ K.D. LOL I used to make the food for my cats :)

Stephanie Yeah! My dog has allergies and gets bladder stones, and I couldn't find a commercial dog food that covered both things. So, instead of paying loads of cash on surgeries, I decided to make his food. Without all the crap and the preservatives and god knows what else they put in dog food he is incredibly healthy now. He is 12 but looks and acts like he's 6. If I ever get another dog, I would never go back to commercial dog food again.

SubterraneanCatalyst My cats looked marvelous on the foods that I fed and made for them. I think it's weird that the change between processed foods for our pets vs the food we make them makes such a huge apparent change..but not so quickly or apparent with humans LOL.

message 5: by Stephanie (last edited Feb 08, 2012 04:26PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Stephanie SubterraneanCatalyst wrote: "My cats looked marvelous on the foods that I fed and made for them. I think it's weird that the change between processed foods for our pets vs the food we make them makes such a huge apparent chang..."

That's true! Maybe I need to eat what I make for my dog then I'll see improvement.

SubterraneanCatalyst Stephanie wrote: "SubterraneanCatalyst wrote: "My cats looked marvelous on the foods that I fed and made for them. I think it's weird that the change between processed foods for our pets vs the food we make them mak..."

I would be reluctant to eat precisely how I fed my cats haha :p I fed them raw food 100% of the time- I'm talking pureed chicken livers, alfalfa sprouts, with some mineral mixes I created which included lecithin and bone marrow powders as well as raw eggs. My cats LOVED the food I made for them and I could have trained them to perform in the circus for this food!
I saw a gigantic difference before and after I changed their diet and started making it. People used to marvel at how athletic they looked and shiny.
So of course, I wonder, what could I do, in my own diet that would make such an instant change? Well I certainly wouldn't want to eat solely raw food :\. I certainly don't want to eat a mush with bone marrow yuck. Guess I'll have to look like a nicely kept but average human woman.

Stephanie SubterraneanCatalyst wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "SubterraneanCatalyst wrote: "My cats looked marvelous on the foods that I fed and made for them. I think it's weird that the change between processed foods for our pets vs the foo..."

Yeah.....don't think I'd eat that either! But i sounds increadably heathy. My dog eats a glorified pasta salad. Whole wheat pasta, salmon, egg, Califlower and peas.......he LOVES it.

SubterraneanCatalyst LOL, I just realized something else in our conversation about our pets and our food for them. Isn't it funny how our animals didn't shun healthy food for them? :\ Now where can I get that done for me? I like healthier foods, I promise, but gah, I still love french fries and chocolate hahaha.

message 9: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Really? Must be a high breed dog! What does your veterinarian say?

Stephanie SubterraneanCatalyst wrote: "LOL, I just realized something else in our conversation about our pets and our food for them. Isn't it funny how our animals didn't shun healthy food for them? :\ Now where can I get that done for ..."

That's a great point. The animals shun the junk food for the healthy food.......while we'll eat deep fried Twinkies. Somethings wrong there.

Stephanie K.D. wrote: "Really? Must be a high breed dog! What does your veterinarian say?"

He is a Miniature Schnauzer, but really it saves tons of money in vet bills in the long run......and my veterinarian is all for keeping him healthy, (and so am I, i want him around a long time) so what ever works. I looked up recipes and came up with the combination. For him it's 50% vegetable, 30% carbohydrate, 20% protein because of his health issues, but that would differ with different pets. Vets are trained only in commercial dog food....so they aren't too much help.

Stephanie Kat wrote: "Do chocolate frogs count?"

Mmmmmmm......chocolate frogs.....yummmm!

message 13: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Steph: That's really new to me. Here in the Phils, it is either the commercial dog food or leftover food from meals.

Stephanie K.D. wrote: "Steph: That's really new to me. Here in the Phils, it is either the commercial dog food or leftover food from meals."

Same here K.D. I don't think it's a wide spread thing in the U.S. either....I was just desperate to fix some issues, and I did. Remember that whole thing with tainted pet food that killed people's pets a few years back? Another good reason not to feed commercial food.

message 15: by Shovelmonkey1 (new)

Shovelmonkey1 This book sounds worryingly xenophobic... I am offended on behalf of my French heritage. ;)

message 16: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Burns Clever review! Haaaa.

Stephanie Jennifer wrote: "Clever review! Haaaa."

Thanks!!