Jolene's Reviews > Can't Help Falling in Love

3919183
Aug 20, 2016

bookshelves: my-kindle-books, between-the-wines-reviews, re-read-for-series
Read from February 28 to March 09, 2012

This story starts off immediately after the epilogue from the last book. Gabe's station gets called to a fire at a burning apartment building. As Gabe is helping an elderly couple out of the burning building, the elderly lady looks around and panics, telling Gabe that Megan and Summer are still inside. Gabe's instincts tell him something is wrong and he rushes back inside to the 3rd floor. Gabe finds Megan and her daughter Summer and in the utter chaos, their eyes lock. Gabe is in awe of her strength and spirit and Megan is forever grateful to the man that saved her and her daughter's life. Upon their second meeting, the sparks are there, but these two have insecurities to overcome and walls to break down.

The passion Gabe and Megan share in this book is explosive and I have to say that this story has been my favorite so far. I enjoyed Gave riling up Marcus in the last book and I was anxious for his story. For me, this book was so much more. More emotion, more chemistry and more addicting. The first chapter was enthralling and hooked me. I was on the edge of my seat as Bella Andre took me through the fire with Gabe. My introduction with Megan was intense. In the seriousness of the fire, she proved how strong and resilient she was. She never failed to put her daughter first. Even when I wanted her to let the past go and grab onto a future with Gabe with both arms, she was thinking of Summer. Megan's past played a big part in this story. She only dated safe men and couldn't have her and her daughter around anyone who risks their lives for a living. Gabe's job is dangerous and Megan knows she should stay away, but she's drawn to him and convinces herself they can't have anything long term. Gabe also has something in his past he needs to overcome in order to be with Megan. As these two give into their attraction, they both struggle with seeing past their own ghosts. Though Gabe is quicker to see how different Megan is and acknowledges his feelings first, I thought maybe Megan held onto the past a little too long. I get she was protecting her daughter and her heart, but it was plain to see how these two felt about each-other and how much Gabe cared for Summer. Summer wasn't above being sneaky to get these two together and though she was just seven, I had a hard time thinking of her so young. I have 3 kids and in no way could any of them have cooked or used the stove at that age. Summer was spunky though and I enjoyed it any time she stepped onto the page. Gabe may have a dangerous job, but it becomes plain to see that he wasn't the risk taker she thinks he is. He helps Megan discover that she herself, enjoys taking risks and as he helped Megan discover who she truly is, I loved seeing her shed her inhibitions. Hello....the scene on Gabe's rooftop was hot :)

Overall, I loved this book and I enjoyed Gabe's story. Getting another close look into the Sullivan family at their Christmas party and seeing the dynamics of their family has me anxious for more!!
I'd give this book 4 and 1/2 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Help Falling in Love.

08/20 marked as: read