Kathryn's Reviews > Stuck

Feb 08, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: childrens-picture-books
Read in February, 2012

I didn't really "get" this one, I'm afraid. The humor didn't amuse me, and I felt so annoyed with the boy for being selfish and irresponsible. I know it's supposed to be outrageous and unrealistic, and funny, but I guess it just didn't work for me... I did find some humor in the illustrations, but I have to agree with other reviewers here who found the cursive-like style of the writing a bit difficult to read and don't think this would be the best book for a child learning to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stuck.

07/12/2016 marked as: read

Lisa Vegan Are you confident that I should take it off my to-read shelf, or might I disagree with you?

Kathryn Lisa wrote: "Are you confident that I should take it off my to-read shelf, or might I disagree with you?"

You might disagree. Many people loved it. Maybe I wasn't just in the right mood for it today. Give it a try. I hope you will like it.

Lisa Vegan Well, okay. Thanks, Kathryn. But I'm not rushing off to reserve it. I do understand about the importance of mood and mind state when reading a book influencing how much we appreciate or don't appreciate it.

Lisa Vegan Flagged.