Glenn's Reviews > Behind the Beautiful Forevers: Life, Death, and Hope in a Mumbai Undercity

Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo

Apr 09, 12

bookshelves: india
Read from March 24 to April 08, 2012

Well this book will strip away any beautiful romantic notions you may have of India. But as the author says at the end, the dipsarity between poor and affluent is prominant in many major cities worldwide.

This book angers you about the corruption that the slum dwellers deal with constantly in thier lives. Wow, tough read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind the Beautiful Forevers.

Karen Hi Glenn! Hope you are enjoying Behind the Beautiful Forevers.

Glenn Thanks Karen - I'm on a bit of a roll this year, loving every book so far.

So far this reminds me of one of my favorite books that take place in India; A Fine Balance. It was likewise sad and full of wonderful characters that you fell in love with.

Karen So glad to hear that! Seems to be a good year for great books. Let's hope it continues.

I agree with you A Fine Balance was an amazing book!!

Joseph Waiting for my copy of this book from the library. Looks like a good read. Let me know your thoughts.

Glenn Hi Joe - I'll be finishing this up this week. It really brings out the corruption, poverty and beauty (?) of India. I'm pretty sure that beauty is not the right word here....