Marcia Berg Haskell's Reviews > The Summer Garden

The Summer Garden by Sherryl Woods

Feb 08, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, family, romance, series, want-to-keep
Read from January 30 to February 01, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

"Falling for "Maddening Moira" O'Malley was the unexpected highlight of Luke O'Brien's Dublin holiday. So when she pays a surprise visit to Chesapeake Shores, Luke is thrilled…at first. A fling with this wild Irish rose is one thing, but forever? Maybe someday, but not when he's totally focused on establishing a business that will prove his mettle to his overachieving family.

Given Luke's reaction, Moira has some soul-searching of her own to do. Scarred by her father's abandonment, she wonders if Luke, with his playboy past, is truly the family man she longs for. Adding to her dilemma, she's offered an amazing chance at a dream career of her own.

Deep down, though, Moira knows home is the real prize, and that love can be every bit as enchanted as a summer garden."

I enjoy most of Sherryl Woods books and this latest in the series of books about Chesapeake Shores and the O'Brien family has added to my pleasure. While somewhat predictable, this story encompasses 3 (almost 4) generations. There is a surprising romance between Neil and her childhood sweetheart, Dillon and Dillon's granddaughter, Moira with Neil's grandson Luke with lots of twists and complications along the way. Most of all I enjoy the interactions of the family members and support to each other. Perhaps I am too old, but the angst and questioning by Moira and the strict adherence to a personal timetable by Luke are a little contrived, to me. But all told, I really enjoy visiting Chesapeake Shores and visiting with the O'Briens. It does feel like a visit to a home I never experienced myself.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer Garden.