Heidi (yabibliophile)'s Reviews > Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber

Feb 08, 2012

This book was crazy fun! It has it all! New York City! Prom! Car Chases! Hit men! Guns! Kissing! Band gigs! A frumpy foreign exchange student turned hot girl who also happens to be a killer! Wait. What?!?! Seriously... how often can you say that about a book? I loved the way all of these elements worked together to create a fast paced action/adventure/comedy with a bit of romance!

The prologue accomplished two things that had me hooked: it made me laugh within the first page and it really got me wondering about the characters and the story. The book kept me laughing and wondering throughout. I liked that the story jumped from important scene to importnat scene. There wasn't any "filler." Had it been a movie there would have been rough cuts from one action scene to the next. This enhanced the fast pace and made the Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick hard to put down.

This book will take you on a crazy trip like no other book you've read before. If you're looking for something different this is the book for you! Au Revoir, predictable frumpy to hottie/zero to hero stories! Hello, crazy/random/wild fun!

Random Things I loved:
*The use of college essay questions as chapter titles
*"Social Darwinism Under the Stars" to describe prom :)
*The frumpy girl to trained assassin conversion
*Perry's inability to grasp what is happening and Gobi's idea that he should just go along with it.
*The pace.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick.