Mada's Reviews > Opal

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Feb 03, 13

bookshelves: favorites

Look at that cover. Gorgeous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I love Daemon and Katy.
Can't wait to read Opal.

UPDATE: OK. Where is the cover? It was right there. I'm not crazy.

UPDATE. They changed the date. Now it comes out on December 18th. Pleeease don't change it again. I can't wait anymore :(.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opal.

Quotes Mada Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“He was such an asshole, and I loved him.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You haven't been smiling much. I missed it, so I decided to reward you for doing it." "Reward me?" I laughed. "God, only you would think kissing someone is a reward." "You know it is. My lips change lives, baby.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Dawson shifted, dropping his head into his hand. "Do you ever stop talking?"

"When I'm sleeping," Blake replied.

"And when you're dead," Daemon threw back. "You'll stop talking when you're dead."

Blake's lips thinned. "Point taken.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Kitten..." "Don't Kitten me." I scowled, on a roll now. "You left around five or so and didn't get back till when? Past two in the morning? What were you guys doing? And get that stupid smile off your face. This isn't funny." Daemon tried to get rid of the smile but failed. "I love when your claws come out.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I have the feeling we just made a deal with the devil, and he's going to come back and want our first-born child or something."

Daemon waggled his brows. "You want kids? Because you know, practice makes--"

"Shut up." I shook my head and started walking.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“His eyes searched mine. "Thank you."

"For What?" I loved the feel of his arms around me and how I fit against him, hard against soft. He trailed his fingers over my arm, and I was amazed by how he could make me shiver.

"For everything," he said.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Honestly, as much as I love my brother, I’m not sure how I feel about him hanging out in your bedroom.” He reached out with a muscular arm and used his fingers to brush a few strands of hair off my cheek, tucking them behind my ear. I shivered, and he smiled. “I feel like I need to mark my territory.” “Shut up.” “Oh, I love it when you get all bossy-pants. It’s sexy.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“He’s like a suicidal Energizer bunny.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Daemon was sprawled on his back, one arm stretched across the space beside him and the other rested across his bare stomach. Sheets were twisted around his narrow hips. His face was almost angelic in sleep, chiselled lines softened and lips relaxed. Thick lashes fanned the top of his cheeks. He looked so much younger at rest but, in a weird way, he was even more out of my league. His kind of masculine beauty was otherworldly and intimidating. Something that existed in between the pages of the books I read. Sometimes I had a hard time convincing myself he was real.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Oh, dear God and baby Jesus in the manger, my eyes!” Dee shrieked. “My eyes!”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Meg J I know, I was thinking that too! Jennifer said that there are covers floating around, but they're not official or anything.

message 2: by Mada (last edited Aug 15, 2012 04:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mada It's lovely even if it's not the official cover. It's making my obsession grow. Like my obsession needs to get any bigger. It's huge already.

Meg J Yeah, I squealed a little bit when I saw it. It's my favorite cover of the series. Makes me want to go read Onyx all over again.

Mada I haven't read Onyx yet :( . I ordered Onyx from Book Depository and I'm still waiting to receive it.
Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Meg J Oh, well I hope you're able to get your hands on your copy soon! And that you love it, of course. :)

Mada I loved Obsidian and I'm sure I'll love Onyx too. After I'll read Onyx I'll probably get even more obsessed and desperate to read Opal. There is just too much time left until december.
Thanks God I'll have Toxic (Jus Accardo) and Spark (Brigid Kemmerer) to read until Opal it's released.

Meg J I've never read anything by Brigid Kemmerer, but I've heard really good things about her.

Some other stuff from Jennifer Armentrout's Covenant series is releasing in November, so maybe that will help lessen my withdrawal, hah.

Kristina Snyder The cover is on Amazon!!! Just found it on there.

Sarah (saz101) Jennifer specifically asked a GR librarian to take it down yesterday (https://twitter.com/JLArmentrout/stat...). BUT OMFG. If that's the old, defunct, PLACEHOLDER cover, I can't wait for the real one!

message 10: by Mada (last edited Aug 16, 2012 06:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mada I wanna read the Covenant series too. I've heard great things about it :).

message 11: by Mada (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mada Kristina wrote: "The cover is on Amazon!!! Just found it on there."

Which cover? The brown one?

message 12: by Mada (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mada Sarah (saz101) wrote: "Jennifer specifically asked a GR librarian to take it down yesterday (https://twitter.com/JLArmentrout/stat...). BUT OMFG. If that's the old, defunct, PLACEHOLDER cover, I can't w..."

Me too. I'm sure it's gorgeous like the first two covers. I loved them both.

Kristina Snyder Yes, it is brown Mada. Is that not the right cover?

message 14: by Mada (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mada Kristina wrote: "Yes, it is brown Mada. Is that not the right cover?"

No, that was a temporary cover created as a placeholder :(.

Sandra what happen to the real cover?

message 16: by Mada (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mada Sandra wrote: "what happen to the real cover?"

It wasn't the real cover. It was a temporary cover created as a placeholder.

Sandra Mada wrote: "Sandra wrote: "what happen to the real cover?"

It wasn't the real cover. It was a temporary cover created as a placeholder."

ooohhhh. that sucks i want the book now! Daemon!!!!