Heather (hungrycookiemonster)'s Reviews > Embrace the Night

Embrace the Night by Karen Chance

Feb 08, 2012

bookshelves: adult, reviewed, supernatural
Read from February 11 to 13, 2012

Original review posted on: heathersworldofbooks

I give “Embrace the Night,” 4/5 stars. Though the book was amazing, I still felt it lacked in some areas. **cough...Mircea...cough**

I’m giving this book a short review for now. Not because I didn’t like it. I just really want to read the next book in the series.

What to expect:

“Embrace the Night,” the third book in the Cassandra Palmer series, continues on with the ever increasing action of its prior books in the series. In this new installment, Cassie has once again found herself being targeted by those who wish to see her early demise. If that isn’t bad enough, the geis spell has taken a turn for the worse, leaving one side on the brink of madness.

My feelings:

I must begin by admitting that I didn’t like “Embrace the Night” as much as “Claimed By Shadow.” I’m beginning to think it has a lot to do with the lack of Mircea. Due to a revelation that happens in this book, it feels as if Mircea is placed on the side-lines. However, I must also add that when Mircea did eventually show up in this book, it more than made up for his absence. Still, I was left wanting more of him.

As I was reading this book, I felt myself debating whether I liked Cassie with present Mircea or past Mircea (she tends to mess around with time a lot leading to both of these men playing a huge part). After reading the last few pages of this book, the choice was made for me. The ending was just so sweet I can’t wait to read the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace the Night.

Quotes Heather (hungrycookiemonster) Liked

Karen Chance
“We’re going jogging.”
“I don’t run for recreation. I run when someone’s after me with a weapon.”
“That can be arranged,”
Karen Chance, Embrace the Night

02/11/2012 page 55
15.0% "That was just..UGH. Why pull her out of the scene? :("
02/12/2012 page 199
53.0% "You know something isn't right if I'm liking past Mircea better than the present one. Why? Present Mircea is totally MIA for the past two books!"
02/13/2012 page 317