Georgia Cates's Reviews > Anew

Anew by Chelsea Fine

Apr 25, 12

Read from April 16 to 25, 2012

I wasn't sure about this book in the first few chapters. I don't do the spoilers thing so the only thing I will say is that I didn't care for the event taking place in the town when this story started. I bought this book without reading the sample & it's a good thing because I probably would have thought it wasn't for me based on the beginning. With that being said, don't judge the whole book based on the festival.

Anyway...this is a love triangle between a girl & 2 really hot brothers. Gabriel seems so sweet while Tristan seems like a total badass. Who do I root for? I'm Team Tristan & I pull for the badasses every time. It's the way I'm made. I can't help it.

The love triangle thing has been done countless times, but that doesn't mean it can't be retold well & Chelsea does a great job. The descriptions she uses for the bond between Scarlet & Tristan are amazing. I felt like I really "got" the connection she was shooting for between them.

The supernatural elements are very creative and I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. Hope it's soon!

-Author Georgia Cates

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anew.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Maxwell Write about how it is cause I have been wanting to read it but just haven't had the pull to yet.

Georgia Cates Will do. I'm not getting through it too quickly because I'm trying to finish Blood Jewel in the next 5-6 weeks. I saw this for $.99 and couldn't resist. I liked Sophie & Carter so I thought I'd give it a try.

N.L. Dufour I read about 75% and didn't finish. It was good and well writen but I got kinds bored... should I finish it? Does it get better? And I totally agree about the kissing festival...weird!

Georgia Cates I normally am a reader that won't stop until I finish a book in 1, maybe 2 sittings. I get so into stories that I can't stop. I didn't feel that way with this book. I thought it was well written, but I didn't find myself sitting up on my haunches because I couldn't wait to see what was happening next.

SPOILER AHEAD IF YOU DON"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK. The last 25% is mainly talking about plans to find the fountain of youth while Scarlet becomes sicker, but no one ever acts on anything.

The end is a little interesting because it leaves a nice cliffhanger for the 2nd book but I have to say that it is the one I expected so I wasn't surprised.

The mood of the book doesn't really change in the last 25% and there isn't anything spectacular to happen and I think you'll agree. However, I do think you should read the last chapter so you can find out what the cliffhanger is. Just to feel a little closure if nothing else. Does that make sense? Read a cliffhanger to get closure? LOL?

N.L. Dufour haha yeah it does. i felt the same way. i love your books! read them from cover to cover because i just put them down. i just didnt have that with this book - i felt like i was making myself read it more than wanting to read it. idk... i hate to give up on a book but after 75% i felt like i was wasting valuable reading time on a book i wasnt feeling. i will go back and read the last chapter to just see what happens. thanks for your feedback - i really appreciate it!

*gunna sound stupid but...*
i feel special that an author i love to read books by actually responded to my comment. thanks :D

Georgia Cates I love to connect with my readers. It makes me feel special when I'm contacted by one so it's a two-way street.

I'm so glad you enjoy my books. Contact with readers like you is what makes me want to type a little faster. If you haven't already, go to my blog and enter to win an ARC of Blood Jewel. I'm going to give 5 advanced copies away before I release it to the public.