Hessa Al Ajmani's Reviews > The Bro Code

The Bro Code by Barney Stinson

Feb 07, 2012

Read from February 07 to 08, 2012

I read this book while I was waiting for my sister to finish her last class so we could leave together, and it took me around an hour and a half. I actually read all of it through in one sitting position!

Honestly, I had a few laughs reading it because I could hear Barney's voice in my head and I can imagine how he would react in each situation. I liked the introduction and all the other extra chapters that explained related ideas to the articles that state the Bro Code itself. Although entirely applicable to real life situations, you can tell that this book was only written for the fun of it (and of course other reasons that include boosting the popularity and sales of the tv series)...

I think some people (especially girls) might think of a few of the things mentioned in the book as offensive, but come on... You know that this was made for fun. You should also consider Barney Stinson's character when judging.

Although I was hesitant about buying this book thinking it was not worth it or maybe fearing disappointment, I'm glad I did because I got to spend that hour and a half laughing at how ridiculous Barney Stinson is rather than just being on the internet or something... I'm not sure if I want to read the whole thing again (I might use it as a reference from time to time), but it was fun reading it :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bro Code.