❋ Sylvia ❋'s Reviews > Farsighted

Farsighted by Emlyn Chand

Feb 09, 12

bookshelves: favorites, top-books-to-read, psychics, hot-leading-men
Read from February 08 to 09, 2012

What a great book!
This has become one of my all time favorite books, I bought this on a whim, the story line was different from any other paranormal book I've read and was intrigued by the main character. Usually I don't read books from a guys POV, so it was sorta hard for me to get into that mind set, but once I did I fell in love with Alex! What you'll find with all these characters is that besides the paranormal side, you don't get much more realistic then this book! these characters are written beautifully and you get the sense of actually being there with them, especially Alex.
I can't wait for book 2 to come out, I'm very curious about the new character Dax, and honestly I must say I thought that Dax's was Alex's split personality lol I donno why but I thought maybe with Alex's moods swings that he was turning into someone evil but that wasn't the case, which was a good thing but would have made a very good story line too lol. I know most girls love the whole love triangle thing but this books is different, for a bunch or reasons, 1, you're POV is from a guy's perspective, 2, instead of two hunky guys drooling over one girl you have two girls sorta drooling over one guy! Even though Alex doesn't really hook up with either girls you know that they both secretly lust over him lol but I think this will be your typical book where the guy goes for one girl and I'll be cheering on the other girl, which is pretty normal for me lol So here's to Alex and Shapri hooking up in the next book:D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Farsighted.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emlyn (new) - added it

Emlyn Chand Hi Sylvia! What a fantastic and wonderfully flattering review. Thank you so much; I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed Farsighted. And, hey, guess what? Team Shapri is bigger than you might think ;-)

❋ Sylvia ❋ Well thank you for writing such fantastic characters for me to fall into :D
I'm very excited to here that there might be more to the chemistry between Alex and Shapri, can't wait for you're second book to come out!

message 3: by Emlyn (new) - added it

Emlyn Chand Hey, I'm not giving any of that away. Did you know that book #2 will be narrated by a different main character? I'm doing the cover reveal for Open Heart next week. And, if you sign-up for the newsletter on my site, you'll be able to get an ARC before Open Heart actually releases ;-)

❋ Sylvia ❋ I did not know that it would be from a different characters POV, omgosh, I can't wait for "Open Heart" to come out now, beautiful tittle by the way and I signed up for the newsletter, next week can't come soon enough :D

message 5: by Emlyn (new) - added it

Emlyn Chand You are just making my day, Sylvia. I'd love to connect with you on Facebook too.

My personal profile is www.facebook.com/missambition
My author page is www.facebook.com/emlynchand

(It always feels presumptuous commanding people to like your page, so I like to give my personal profile too) ;-)

❋ Sylvia ❋ Well thank you, I will for sure add you to fb and join the fan page. I couldn't put you're book down, had to finish it so I stayed up til the wee hours of the night then late until the morning haha but it was so worth it, as you can tell by my review, which had some major misspellings since I wrote it at 3 AM but I just had to write it all down while it was still fresh in my mind. I was thrilled it was a cliff hanger ending, love those!

message 7: by Emlyn (new) - added it

Emlyn Chand Oh, I'm glad you did. Some people don't like the cliff-hanger endings very much. Oh, here's something else you might not know. I'm working on a special extended edition of Farsighted. We're adding about 50 new pages of content. The story will be the same, just beefier. I'm incorporating reader feedback to make it as strong as it can be before the rest of the series comes out!

❋ Sylvia ❋ oh I think the cliff hanger was great, leaves the audience wanting more! And I think that's awesome, 50 more pages will be nice to thicken up the story line, get to know the characters even better!