Nikki's Reviews > Vaclav & Lena

F_50x66
Feb 07, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read in February, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Overall I really enjoyed Vaclav and Lena. Haley Tanner did an excellent job of developing her characters and the love story between them.

We begin by meeting Vaclav and Lena when they are 9 and 10. Although they have some similarities, it is their differences in the way they are raised that is of importance in the novel. Vaclav's mother, Rasia plays a large part in the novel and having a son myself, I can definitely relate to her. When Vaclav and Lena are unexpectedly torn apart, it is heartbreaking. We are reintroduced to Vaclav and Lena 7 years later. I loved how I was able to see that their love for each other was still there and that they still thought about each other every day. We all know how young love can be and I liked seeing that the bond that they had 7 years earlier had not been broken. Of course the final section was my favorite when they come back together and they pick up right where they left off. I absolutely loved the ending as I'm such a sucker for a happy ending, I only wish that we would have had a little better glimpse into what the future holds for the two of them.

I would definitely recommend this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vaclav & Lena.